In case you don’t know EA has released many Lord of the Rings games over the years including:-
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003),
- The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (2009),
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth (2004),
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002),
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II (2006),
- The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (2004),
- The Lord of the Rings: The Rise of the Witch-king (2006),
- The Lord of the Rings: Tactics (2005), and more.
While some of these video games were available on mobile devices only, some were available on other platforms including PC, Xbox, and Playstation. Electronic Arts is getting back into the business with the new The Lord of the Rings video games and have announced a partnership with the Middle-earth Enterprises today for the new mobile title.
EA’s Capital Games is developing a free-to-play video game titled The Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle-earth which is a collectible role-playing game that offers a “strategic, social-competitive experience.”
EA Mobile executive Malachi Boyle said in a statement that Heroes of Middle-earth will include “high-fidelity graphics, cinematic animations, and stylized art.” The game will feature fan-favorite Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit characters, EA said.
Fredrica Drotos, Middle-earth Enterprises executive said, “We are thrilled to be working with EA once again, this time to bring a mobile game solely inspired by Middle-earth…”